Thursday, January 24, 2013

I'm Just Saying (Quit Your Day Job!)

Okay, I may be the only one out there who feels like this..but doesn't it make sense to do what brings you joy in life?  I mean, if you've worked at the same cramped office since Michael sang "Beat It" wouldn't it seem like a good idea to change the scenery a bit?

True, we should be in a career stable enough to pay the bills, but really - who wants to work just to be able to say "Hey, I may not have the dream job I wanted as a kid, but I can pay my cable bill!"
I'm not recommending that anyone abandon their source of livelihood to go become a professional hot-dog eater in Switzerland.  What I'm saying is that deep down all of us have that "something" that causes us to daydream a little bit in the meetings and conference calls.

We've all said a time or two, "I just want to go and do _______."  Maybe it's time to change the channel.  Flip the script.  Put the pedal to the metal. 
Find that thing that gets you fired up like a kid on Christmas, and go for it.  Who's stopping you??? Oh, that's right - you are!  Someone once said, "That which the mind can conceive, it can achieve."
Dream that crazy, irrational, completely absurd dream, and make it happen!  Start writing it down, and find people with similar interests to help you get there. 

No longer is the impossible, impossible.
Do what makes YOU happy - especially if nobody else understands!

No comments:

Post a Comment