Saturday, February 16, 2013

Distractions -- Ain't Nobody Got Time for That!

I'm at a crucial point right now where every move I make will either draw me closer to or push me further from my goals.  

Life is not such a big deal when you're three years old, with nothing to do but frolic and play the Eskimo way.  It IS a big deal, however, when you're like me - 20 years old, graduating college in May, ready to get the ball rolling.  I'm ready to see what my journey will look like, and frankly, I don't have time for distractions!   

When you know you've got things to do, people to see, places to go, etc. you can't allow people to stop you.  Believe it or not, not everyone wants to see you succeed, and if they're aren't trying to help you get there, they just aren't helping you get there.  A lot of people have so much potential but they waste it by not pursuing it fully.  If you're the best singer in town and you know you could make it somewhere, why aren't you?  It shouldn't be because you're hanging out with your "friends."  Real friends can spot your potential miles away and will help you reach your goals.

So it's time out for distractions.  Time out for going halfway on your dreams, ambitions, and desires.  Say no to anything that seems to be a hindrance to your success.  Say yes to everything that moves you forward.  Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment