Friday, February 22, 2013

Look Alive!

I was watching a special on Fantasia Barrino the other day.  She was recollecting on her journey through the music industry.  One thing she said stuck out to me:  "They saw that I was green, and so they took advantage of me."  
Sadly, there are people we will come across who don't believe that honesty is the best policy.  Some will act like they're your friend, and secretly be out for your harm.  Not everyone has your best interest at heart.

This one is short and simple:  keep your friends close, and your enemies closer!  Watch out for those people who seem to be too good to be true, they probably are!  

Look alive, and stay alert!  People can see when you're new to the game, and they will try to take advantage of you before you get a chance to learn the ropes.  Whether it's a new job, or your first day in the recording studio, ACT like you know what you're doing.  It's like my dad once told me, they'll never know unless you tell them!

No comments:

Post a Comment