Monday, February 25, 2013

But When I Look Back...

Everybody wants to do "what they do" even better...

As a musician, it's difficult to be content with my current level of skill, because I always look to improve what I know and learn what I don't.  But in the midst of my wanting to get better, faster, more diverse, etc., I sometimes get saddened.  I start to look at where I am, and compare it to where I want to be.  I begin to look at where I think I should be, and forget the immense progress that I've already made.  That's where I mess up.

Ambition.  Determination.  Motivation.  These are all great, but sometimes it's good just to sit back and enjoy the progress you've already made!  Be content with where you are, and be satisfied in knowing that you WILL get to your next milestone in time.    

Don't become so focused on making it to Mars that you can't enjoy the view from the moon!

No comments:

Post a Comment